Abbie Dare becomes Round 6 Auskicker of the Year nominee
Abbie Dare, from New South Wales’ Lane Cove NAB AFL Auskick Centre, became the envy of all Auskickers on Friday when she was announced as the sixth weekly nominee for the 2019 NAB AFL Auskicker of the Year competition.
The NAB AFL Auskicker of the Year competition calls for 2019 registered and truly awesome participants of the NAB AFL Auskick program to enter for the chance to become one of 22 weekly nominees.
Weekly nominees are announced during the Seven Network’s Friday night match broadcast, with Abbie being announced during the Round Six 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season match between Port Adelaide and North Melbourne.
Abbie will have the seriously amazing once in a lifetime opportunity to present an AFL premiership player with their medal on Toyota AFL Grand Final Day.
She will join 21 other lucky NAB AFL Auskicker of the Year weekly nominees in Melbourne for an unforgettable experience that will also include walking along in the incredible Grand Final parade and playing on the hallowed turf of the MCG at half-time on Grand Final day.
It only gets better for Abbie too, as she now has the chance to be crowned the overall NAB AFL Auskicker of the Year which will be announced at an awards dinner in Melbourne during Grand Final Week.
The super lucky 2019 NAB AFL Auskicker of the Year winner will receive $5,000 in a NAB Reward Saver Account plus Geelong Football Club captain, Joel Selwood, and AFLW star Katie Brennan, as their personal footy mentors for 2019.
To join Abbie and be in the running to win this truly incredible experience, parents and guardians can enter their 2019 registered NAB AFL Auskick participant into the NAB AFL Auskicker of the Year competition by uploading a fun short video featuring their Auskicker in action at home or in the backyard; kicking goals, commentating or taking a speccy.
In the video entry, Auskickers should also explain why they think they should be the 2019 NAB AFL Auskicker of the Year.
To enter the competition, parents and guardians of 2019 registered NAB AFL Auskick participants should visit nab.com.au/auskick (competition closes on Thursday August 8th. AFL Authorisation Code: GFAFL 19/05).
ABOUT NAB AFL AUSKICK:
- – NAB AFL Auskick invites all children aged 5-12, no matter their knowledge of Australian Football, skill or ability, to participate in the non-contact program.
- – In weekly sessions kids explore the world of AFL, building football skills and playing in a safe and super fun setting. The NAB AFL Auskick program has been designed to let kids learn through play and fosters a fun environment where kids have the freedom to run, jump, kick, laugh and express themselves.
- – NAB AFL Auskick starts from the very beginning, teaching all kids the basics of Australian Football whilst building fundamental motor skills and learning what it means to play as part of a team. Recognised across the country as one of the most competitively priced sport programs, NAB AFL Auskick has delighted kids and parents alike for over 20 years.
- – NAB has been supporting Auskickers since 2006, each year providing over 200,000 young kids across the country with the opportunity to learn and develop fundamental footy skills while promoting a healthy lifestyle and ensuring the footy champions of tomorrow can realise their potential.
- – NAB’s commitment to growing NAB AFL Auskick extends both on and off the field. The NAB AFL Auskicker of the Year competition provides 22 lucky Auskickers with a once in a lifetime experience, whilst NAB’s various program initiatives are focused on fostering local centres around Australia.
Register to play NAB AFL Auskick in 2019 via play.afl/Auskick