Kids takeover GIANTS Stadium
AFL Round 16
GIANTS v Brisbane Lions
Sunday, July 7 at 4:40pm
12:50pm: Gates Open
1:00pm: NEAFL – GIANTS vs. Brisbane
4:40pm: AFL – GIANTS vs. Brisbane
Kids Take Over GIANTS Stadium
For too long the adults have had all the fun – It’s time the kids took over and showed them what fun at the footy really is! Kids take over GIANTS Stadium when the GIANTS take on the Lions, there’s a rock climbing wall, extreme bungee, heaps of activities, Woolworths Playground and heaps of footy fun. Plus kids under 15 get in free with adult ticket purchase.*
* Free junior, 15 years and under tickets are available in select seating categories only.
GIANTS Stadium is located on Grand Parade, Sydney Olympic Park NSW, just minutes from Olympic Park Station and across from ANZ Stadium and Qudos Bank Arena.
Kids are taking over GIANTS Stadium in round 16 – make sure to get your tickets for a day full of fun as the GIANTS return home for the first time in a month to take on the in-form Lions.
Kids under 15 get in FREE with the purchase of an Adult ticket*. This offer is available through Ticketmaster.com.au or at the box office on match day, subject to availability.
* Free junior, 15 years and under tickets are available in select seating categories only
To purchase tickets, click here.
You can also call 13 28 49 or visit Ticketmaster agencies. The ticket office at GIANTS Stadium will be open from 12.45pm, located outside Gate D.
A GIANTS membership is one of the best value in any sport, click here to see our range of packages and sign up today or head to the Membership Hub on the corner of Showground Road, off Murray Rose Avenue.
Membership and Merchandise
You can pick up some gear from the GIANTS Membership Hub at the corner of Showground Rd and Murray Rd, or from the merchandise stall on game day. Members receive 10% off all merchandise! Visit the Members Hub to sign up and take advantage of this members’ exclusive discount.
Public Transport and Parking
Free train travel on game day is included in your 2019 GIANTS membership and tickets.
Bus: The following Sydney Buses services run to Sydney Olympic Park:
Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park. For service disruptions check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner.
Train & Metro: The closest station to GIANTS Stadium is Olympic Park. There is a direct service between Lidcombe’s platform Zero and Sydney Olympic Park.
- – T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses replace trains between Cronulla and Sutherland.
- – T6 Carlingford Line: Buses replace trains between Carlingford and Clyde.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains, which can quickly take you between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station on the North West Line. Change at Chatswood to connect with train services towards Olympic Park.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
For the latest information, to check trackwork service updates or use the Trip Planner.
Ferry: Sydney Ferries are a great way to get around the city but services can be popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner. GIANTS Stadium is approximately a 40-minute walk (3.6km) from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the precinct.
Car: Parking is available throughout Sydney Olympic Park. Pre-purchasing tickets to these car parks recommended with the P1 carpark being within the closest proximity to GIANTS Stadium. To pre-purchase parking, click here.
Match Day Activities
There are two fan zones inside GIANTS Stadium the GIANTS Fan Zone and The GIANTS Recruits Zone!
GIANTS Fan Zone & Adventure Park
Located just inside Gate D, the GIANTS Fan Zone has a number of fun activities for the whole family.
As part of the GIANTS’ Kids take over GIANTS Stadium, round 16’s Fan Zone includes an Adventure Park with a Mini Golf course, Bungee Trampoline and Rock Climbing wall providing plenty of fun for kids on Sunday.
- – Toyo Tires Kick for Cash – Get down to the Toyo Tires Skills Station and practice your kicking skills! Whilst you are there, take a photo and tag it with #driventoperform for your chance to Kick for Cash out on the field at ¾ time where you could win up to $150,000!
- – Kia Beat the Sting – Get Game Ready at Kia’s Fan Zone! Write you message of support on the cheer cards, grab a photo in the Stinger or your face painted in GIANTS colours. Also find out how you can enter into our quarter time on field race to beat The Sting, for your chance to win a Kia Stinger!
- – Groupon Spin Wheel – Win at every home game by heading to the Groupon spin wheel where you could win a cool Groupon experience or GIANTS giveaways.
- – St.George Banner – Pick up your ‘Go GIANTS’ banner from the St.George promo staff and learn how to apply for a St.George footy grant for your footy club! All thanks to the St.George Footy Grants program.
- – GIANTS Fan Hub – Get your team posters, Goal Banners for gameday and more at the GIANTS Fan Hub
- – GIANTS Mascots – Get your GIANT high-fives and photos with GMAN & GiGi
GIANTS Recruits Zone
A safe and fun area for the younger GIANTS to have some fun in front of the scoreboard at GIANTS Stadium. It’s close enough to the action that parents can keep one eye on their young ones and one eye on the footy.
- – Milo Inflatable – Get some hang time on Milo’s ‘Speccy Inflatable’ & enjoy a free cold Milo!
- – Woolworths Playground – Get your photo take in the Woolworths photobooth or make your own smoothie at the Woolworths Bike N Blend Stand.
- – GIANTS Recruits Hub – Bring your recruits card to get your exclusive GIANTS Recruits Prize! Not a member? You can sign up on the day for FREE!
- – GIANTS Big Kick Inflatable – Practice kicking goals like Jeremy Cameron on the GIANTS Big Kick!
- – GIANTS Dual Inflatable – Shoot like Caitlin Bassett and pass like Stephen Coniglio on the GIANTS dual Netball and AFL station!
- – GIANTS Recruits Photobooth – Get your photo with some of your favourite GIANTS and G-Man & GiGi at the Recruits Photobooth.
- – GIANTS Face Painting – Show your support by turning your face orange and charcoal
- – Kombi DJ – Dance along to some of the latest hits and some old favourites at the Kombi DJ inside the GIANTS Recruits Zone!
1,000 dancers from 33 dance schools across Sydney will take part in an incredible pre-game performance on-field as part of the GIANTS’ 2019 Dance Spectacular. With choreography by Sass Dance & Entertainment, this is an event you won’t want to miss.
Sydney Youth Orchestra
The Sydney Youth Orchestra – New South Wales’ leading orchestral training and education provider – will be performing in the Presidents Plaza at GIANTS Stadium from 3:30pm. 65 students between the ages of 15 and 19 will be playing a range of songs including hits from The Greatest Showman, Disney songs and other classics.
Kia’s Beat the Sting
Get excited GIANTS fans, because in season 2019 we have a brand new quarter time event that you won’t be able to take your eyes off – Kia’s Beat the Sting. The premise is simple – one lucky contestant is going to run 200m from point post to point post along the boundary for the chance to win a brand new Kia Stinger. The catch? They have to beat The Sting.
NAB AFL Auskick
Cheer on the some of footy’s brightest young stars during the half-time NAB AFL Auskick games!
Sydney Youth Orchestra
After entertaining you pre-game, the Sydney Youth Orchestra will entertain the entire stadium on-field, playing a range of classic songs.
Toyo Tires Kick for Cash
The Toyo Tires Kick for Cash is back and bigger than ever! $100,000 is up for grabs at every GIANTS home game this season. But this year, if the participant is a 2019 GIANTS Member, they’ll be kicking for an incredible $150,000! Simply post a selfie prior to the first bounce this Saturday on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #DrivenToPerform and you could be kicking for $100,000 or $150,000 at three-quarter-time.
Macca’s Kick 2 Kick
Kick 2 Kick is back! Thanks to McDonald’s, head on-field after the second siren and have a kick with your mates on GIANTS Stadium. Kick 2 Kick will be on at every GIANTS home game at GIANTS Stadium and UNSW Canberra Oval, thanks to McDonald’s, the official restaurant and official coffee partner of the GIANTS and AFL.
Mac for a Match
McDonald’s, the Official Restaurant of the GIANTS, is rewarding fans with a free Big Mac for each GIANTS Stadium home game win! If the GIANTS win a game at GIANTS Stadium this season, everyone who attends the match can redeem a free Big Mac on the following Monday from participating restaurants. Click here to find out more.
Match Day Partner – GIANTS Care
GIANTS Care is a major community initiative that delivers community outcomes and further enriches the lives of people in Western Sydney. GIANTS Care is proudly supported by Bingo Industries, WestConnex/Transurban, Sydney Airport and Lendlease.
The GIANTS squad will be named on gwsgiants.com.au and the Official GIANTS App at 6.20pm on Thursday evening, with the final team to be announced at 5pm on Friday evening.
The game will be broadcast LIVE on 7 Mate in NSW and ACT from 4:30pm and across the nation on Fox Footy, and can be streamed via the AFL Live app, Foxtel Now or Kayo app with a subscription purchase.
For the latest television and radio broadcast guide, CLICK HERE.
You can also follow the GIANTS on social media for game updates and behind-the-scenes content on Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram @GWSGIANTS.
The official match hashtag is #AFLGIANTSLions.